Francis W. Donahue Esq.
In a career spanning almost 46 years, Frank Donahue has distinguished himself, representing clients in some of the largest and most complex matrimonial cases statewide.
In addition to his trial work, Frank has a notable appellate practice. He has been counsel in at least 19 reported decisions, among which are several polestar cases in New Jersey family law. Matter of Baby M, Lepis v. Lepis, Brawer v. Brawer, Orgler v. Orgler, Aronson v. Aronson, Silvan v. Silvan, Kronberg v. Kronberg, Piscopo v. Piscopo, Bowen v. Bowen, Rosen v. Rosen, Mayer v. Mayer, Lynn v. Lynn, Nochenson v. Nochenson, Garlinger v. Garlinger, Ducey v. Ducey and most recently, In the Matter of the Adoption of a Child By J.E.V. & D.G.V.. His arguments before the State Supreme Court in Crews v. Crews and Moriarty v. Bradt have set legal precedent for the matrimonial law community.
Frank is a frequent lecturer for the New Jersey Institute of Continuing Legal Education, The American Trial Lawyers Association, and for state and local Bar Associations. He has been a guest lecturer at law schools, Court TV and Miller’s Court. In addition to articles for local publications, including the New Jersey Law Journal and the New Jersey Family Lawyer, Frank has been published in New Jersey Family Law Practice, Eighth Edition – Custody Chapter; Fair Share, The Matrimonial Law Monthly – “Celebrity Good Will”; and American Journal of Trial Advocacy – “Trying Equitable Distribution Can Be Trying”.
Frank’s clients have included celebrities, athletes, corporate CEOs, business owners, professionals and, of course, their spouses.
- AV Rated by Martindale Hubbell
- Selected for inclusion on the New Jersey Super Lawyers list published by Thomson Reuters, 2005 – 2015
- Named to the Top Ten New Jersey Super Lawyers list published by Thomson Reuters, 2006
- Ten Leaders of Matrimonial & Divorce Law for Northern New Jersey, 2002 – 2003
- 1995 Family Law Attorney Achievement Award by Essex County Bar Association
- Selected for inclusion on the Best Lawyers in America list published by Woodward/White, Inc., 2005 – 2014
- *The Best Lawyers in America list is published by Woodward/White, Inc.. Information on the selection process can be found at www.bestlawyers.com/About/MethodologyBasic.aspx. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Morris County Bar Association Family Law Practice Award, 2015
- Trustees of Justice Award, Tri-County Scholarship Fund, 2015
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Family Law Section – Past Member of the Executive Committee
- Morris County Bar Association, Current Member of the Family Law Executive Committee
- Essex County Bar Association, Past Chair of the Family Law Executive Committee
- Bergen County Bar Association, Current Member of the Family Law Executive Committee
- American Inns of Court, Master and Founder and First President of The Barry Croland Family Law Inn of Court
- District XA Ethics Committee – Past Member of the East Morris and Sussex Counties
- Matrimonial Lawyers Alliance, Member