Debra S. Weisberg Esq.
Debra Weisberg has been practicing law for 25 years. She has been a member of Donahue Hagan Klein & Weisberg, LLC since 1998, being named as a Partner in the firm in 2001. During this time, Debra has practiced exclusively in family and matrimonial law.
In 2003, Debra was named the Young Lawyer of the Year by the New Jersey State Bar Association. Especially dedicated to the Morris County Bar Association, Debra has held numerous leadership positions including the President of the Morris County Bar Association in 2010 and the President of the Morris County Bar Foundation in 2008.
In October 2012, Debra was recognized by Seton Hall University School of Law as a distinguished alumna for her active involvement in the legal community and achievement as a family law attorney.
Debra volunteers as an Early Settlement Panelist and is frequently asked to serve as a Blue Ribbon Panelist by the Court. She also frequently lectures on various topics in the matrimonial and family law field, volunteering her time both for the Morris County Bar Association, the New Jersey State Bar Association and the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education.
Debra is a Court approved mediator and has a reputation for being able to settle difficult matters. She handles Court appointed mediations as well as private mediations.
Debra was appointed as the co-Chair of the Morris County Bar Association Family Law Committee on January 17, 2019. She previously held this role in addition to being a past President of the Morris County Bar Association and Morris County Bar Foundation.
Debra has been selected for inclusion on the New Jersey Super Lawyers list published by Thomson Reuters in the area of Family Law from 2007 through 2019 and selected to the Super Lawyers list of Top 50 Woman Lawyers in New Jersey (also published by Thomson Reuters) from 2009 to 2015 and in 2019.
- Selected for inclusion on the list of Top 50 Women New Jersey Super Lawyers published by Thomson Reuters, 2009 – 2015, 2019
- Selected for inclusion on the Super Lawyers list published by Thomson Reuters, 2007 – 2019
- Distinguished Alumna, Seton Hall University School of Law, 2012
- Ten Leaders of Morris County Law, 2005
- Ten Leaders, Forty-Five and Under in Matrimonial and Divorce Law, 2004 – 2005
- New Jersey State Bar Association Young Lawyer of the Year Award, 2003
- Ten Under Forty, Family and Matrimonial Law, 2003
- Associate Editor of the New Jersey Family Lawyer, 2019
- Morris County Bar Association, Past President, 2011
- Morris County Bar Association, President, 2010
- Morris County Bar Foundation, Past President and Trustee
- Morris County Bar Association, Member and past Co-Chair, Family Law Committee
- Morris County Bar Association, Family Law Section and Early Settlement Panelist
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member, Executive Committee
- “The Tax Cut and Jobs Act of 2017: How it Impacts Family Law Practice, Alimony and Other Support Issues in 2019 and Beyond”, Morris County Bar Association Family Law Section, March 2019.
- Burdens of Proof for Retirees, This article was originally published in the February 2018 issue of New Jersey Lawyer magazine, a publication of the New Jersey State Bar Association, and is reprinted here with permission. Read here
- Termination of Obligation to Pay Child Support, 2018 Family Law Symposium. Read here
- Parenting Time Schedules and Overnights with Infants, 2015 Family Law Symposium. Read here