Stephanie Frangos Hagan Esq.
Stephanie Hagan has practiced Family Law exclusively for more than 27
Known for her aggressive brand of advocacy, Stephanie is a formidable opponent. Whether advocating in the courthouse or negotiating across a conference room table, she is a force to be reckoned with. She handles highly complex financial as well as custody matters on a regular basis.
A frequent lecturer and panelist, Stephanie has lectured regularly on a variety of family law topics including Alimony, Child Support, Equitable Distribution, Custody, LGBT issues, distribution of partnership and business interests, Cohabitation, Relocation, Palimony and other important family law issues. Stephanie has lectured at the annual New Jersey Family Law Symposium as well as the New Jersey State Bar Association annual Hot Tips for Family Law Seminar, Institute for Continuing Legal Education, Mid-year Retreat and Annual Meeting in Atlantic City. Stephanie is also a frequent lecturer for the Morris and Union County Bar Associations.
Stephanie has served for more than fifteen (15) years as a Blue Ribbon Panelist for the Family Law Early Settlement Panel in Union, Essex and Morris Counties. In addition, she is appointed as a mediator by Family Court judges throughout New Jersey. She has been a court-approved family law mediator since 2001. Stephanie is known for her ability to mediate complex financial matters to resolution. In addition to her work as a court-appointed
Stephanie is currently an officer of the New Jersey State Bar Family Law Section Executive Committee and is scheduled to be installed as the Chair of the section in May 2017. Stephanie has been a member of the committee for more than 18 years and received the prestigious Legislative Award from the New Jersey State Bar Association in December 2013 for her legislative efforts as a member of the committee.
In addition to the state bar association, Stephanie is also an officer in the Morris County Bar Association and is scheduled to be installed as President in January 2019. She is a current Trustee of the Morris County Bar Foundation. Stephanie was previously the co-chair of the Family Law Committee for the Morris County Bar Association as well as the former Chair and vice-chair of the Fee Arbitration Committee for District X (Morris County).
- Selected for inclusion on the Super Lawyers list published by Thomson Reuters, 2005-2008, 2010-2011, 2013-2015, 2018
- New Jersey Bar Association, Family Law Section, Executive Committee
- Morris County Family Law Committee, Co-Chair
- Essex County Bar Association, Family Law Section and Early Settlement Panelist
- Union County Bar Association, Family Law Section and Early Settlement Panelist
- Morris County Bar Association, Family Law Section and Early Settlement Panelist
- Northern New Jersey Family Law Inns of Court, Former Member
- Member of The Supreme Court of New Jersey Fee Committee, District X, Former Chair