There are many excellent reasons for people to consider entering into a prenuptial agreement. A significant disparity between your own financial position and that of your fiance(e) may be the most common, but a detailed marital contract can also increase trust and guard both parties against painful disputes in years to come.
New Jersey law contains numerous specific stipulations in regard to the validity and enforceability of prenuptial agreements. For example, a prenuptial agreement can address alimony and division of property in the event of divorce, but it cannot determine either spouse’s custody or child support rights. Each party is entitled to full financial disclosure from the other, as well as counsel from his or her own attorney, unless these rights are explicitly waived in writing.
Accomplished, Diligent Premarital Agreement Lawyers Serving Northern New Jersey And All Area Communities
At our highly regarded firm in Morristown, prenuptial agreement lawyers are available to address all of your specific questions, needs and concerns. We frequently counsel and represent business owners, physicians, attorneys, entertainment personalities, other affluent individuals and their spouses. Our knowledge and capabilities extend to:
- Drafting comprehensive, valid and enforceable prenuptial agreements tailored to our clients’ unique needs and goals
- Advising and negotiating for individuals who want to ensure that they understand all terms and implications of their prenuptial agreements
- Addressing marital situations that may call for entry into a postnuptial agreement
- Representing clients in divorce proceedings that may require skillful challenge or defense of a “prenup” or other existing marital agreement
- Counseling and assisting parties who are preparing to establish a same-sex domestic partnership or civil union
Turn To Our Legal Team For Clear Guidance And Respect For Your Priorities
If you want to take the right steps to protect the inheritance rights of your children from a prior marriage, your business interests, or other concerns, Donahue, Hagan, Klein & Weisberg, LLC, is an outstanding choice. Our partners are widely recognized as premier litigators, mediators and thought leaders on complex issues in New Jersey family law.
Tell us about your case and we’ll get back to you promptly.